Deemed non-resident

If you are a factual resident or a deemed resident of Canada and are considered to be a resident of another country that has a tax treaty with Canada, you may be considered a deemed non-resident of Canada for income tax purposes.

If you are a deemed non-resident, you must follow the same rules as a non-resident of Canada and declare your income from Canadian sources.